TNI’s Webinar: “Coercion, resistance and liberation” Conversation with authors of State of Power 2021
Organizes: Transnational Institute (TNI)
Type of event: Conferences
This webinar will reflect on some of the essays in TNI’s State of Power 2021, reflecting on the colonial roots of coercive state power, the impacts it has on racialised and marginalised groups from the US to India, the impacts of digitalisation and the prospects and possibilities for moving towards abolition and emancipation.
The event, organised by the Transnational Institute, will take place online next Wednesday 9th at 16:00h (CET).
- Olufemi Taiwo – Assistant Professor of Philosophy at Georgetown University, US
- Arun Kundnani – Writer on race, culture and empire and author of “The Muslims are Coming” (Verso 2014)
- Nikita Sovanane – Criminal Justice and Police Accountability Project (CPAProject), Bhopal, India
- Nora Miralles – Centre Delàs d’Estudis per la Pau, ShockMonitor/Observatory on Corporations and Human Rights in the Mediterranean (ODHE)
- Felipe Daza – ShockMonitor/Observatory on Corporations and Human Rights in the Mediterranean (ODHE)