Webinar “Defund the military. Defend the people & the planet” en el marc del Asia Europe People’s Forum AEPF 13
Organizes: Centre Delàs d'Estudis per la Pau, Global Campaign on Military Spending (GCOMS), the International Peace Bureau and Stop War
Type of event: Talks
Within the framework of the 13th edition of the Asia Europe People’s Forum «For a Just, Peaceful and Sustainable World» which will take place between 17 and 24 May 2021, the Centre Delàs d’Estudis per la Pau organizes together with the Global Campaign on Military Spending (GCOMS), the International Peace Bureau and Stop War, the Webinar «Defund the military. Defend the people & the planet».
This session wants to provide a space where activists working to challenge military spending around the world can come together and share strategies and good practices, with a particular focus on Europe and Asia. The event will be the closing of the Global Days of Action on Military Spending 2021 GDAMS, allowing the sharing of results and experiences.
The speakers will be:
- Colin Archer – Former IPB Secretary General and GCOMS founder · United Kingdom
- Francesco Vignarca – Rete Italiana Pace e Disarmo · Italy
- Meri Joyce – Peace Boat · Japan
- Binalakshmi Nepram – IPB & Manipur Women Gun Survivors Network · India
- Reiner Braun – IPB Director General · Germany + No to NATO
- Laetitia Sedou – European Network Agains the Arms Trade (ENAAT) · Brussels
- Matt Fawcett – GCOMS UK Coalition · United Kingdom
- Youngah Lee – People’s Solidarity for a Participatory Democracy (PSPD) · S Korea
- Stefan Nieuwinckel – Pax Christi Vlaanderen · Belgium
- Karen King – Stop Fuelling War · France
The Webinar will be moderated by: Cora Fabros (AEPF & IPB) and Quique Sánchez (IPB/GCOMS & Centre Delàs).
You can register here: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_b6cKnWObS1-b6xhqMq1I9w
You can find more information about the Forum and its full programme here.